Manufactured by the Richards and Hartley Glass Company, Tarentum, PA, from 1875-1884 and in 1891 by the United States Glass Company, which was a trust formed by a combination of seventeen glass companies, including Richards & Hartley, which were located in Western Pennsylvania and Indiana. It was made in non-flint, clear, amber and some vaseline.
The pattern consists of two oval cartouches, formed by a circle of ribbing and beading, containing a cameo image of Venus and Cupid. Connecting the cartouches is a geometric designed band. There is also a band of ribbing on the underside of the round base of the goblet.
The clear glass claret wines measure 5" in height, 2 5/8" across the top and 2 5/8" across the base. There are no cracks, chips or repairs; EAPG may contain bubbles, straw marks and minor scratches from years of use. (3) pairs available for sale.