Pickard, Inc., the premier Chicago decorating studio was founded by Wilder A. Pickard, who was born on a farm near Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. His first studio was located in Edgerton, Wisconsin, and soon was relocated to Chicago where it still exists today. The largest and most famous decorating Chicago, Pickard attracted the best of the best artists of the time.
This beautiful set of 3 Pickard cabinet plates, circa 1905-1910, are each artist singed and executed with a different floral motif. One plate decorated with Poppies and a second plate decorated with Cattleya Orchids are both signed by "Florence M. James" who worked for Pickard from 1903-1922. The third plate is decorated with Cyclamen and is signed by "Madeline Keates" who worked for Pickard from 1905-1910. The plates measure 6 1/4" across and are unmarked as to porcelain manufacturer. The gently scalloped plates have highlights and trim in gold gilt. Each are stamped with the Pickard Mark #5, brown decal first mark used at the Ravenswood Studio. There are no cracks, chips or repairs; one plate has some crazing in the glaze on the underside.
Set of 3 - Pickard Hand Painted Cabinet Plates w/FLoral Motifs