Charles Field Haviland, nephew of David Haviland, took charge of the Alluaud Porcelain Factory (one of the oldest in Limoges) in 1876. Upon his retirement in 1881, Gerard, Dufraissels and Morel (GDM) took over the business and continued to use the combined mark from 1881 to 1900.
This lovely pair of 5-well oyster plates, have a center receptacle for horseradish or other seafood sauce. Each plate is decorated with a transfer motif of various purple floral with light brown leaves and stems. The decoration is not exactly the same on both plates, but were part of the same set. The scalloped edges are brushed gold. The plates measure 8 3/4" across. Each are stamped in green "CFH over GDM". There are no cracks, chips or repairs. Lovely pair of plates.