The Ceramic Arts Studio, Madison, Wisconsin, was formed by Lawrence Rabbitt in 1940. He left in 1942 and Betty Harrington assumed the modeling duties. Decorative items were created from 1942 until it closed in 1956. In the height of production, up to 500,000 pieces were produced annually and were distributed nationally to stores such as Marshall Field and Gumps.
This wonderful group includes an Oriental Girl, Sung-Tu, measuring 3 3/4" in height; a Russian boy, Petrov, measuring 5 1/4" in height and a cute tan and white dog measuring 2" in height. The pieces are unmarked as was many of the CAS items. There are no cracks, chips or repairs.