The Cambridge Glass Company, Cambridge, Ohio, introduced its first piece of glass in 1902 and continued to create quality items until it closed in 1958. Crown Tuscan was introduced in the September 1932 issue of the trade magazine "China, Glass and Lamps", described as a an opaque glass with a rich cream-like color. Tuscan continued in production until the factory closed in 1954; evidently it was not made during their reopen period of 1956-1958. In 1935 when the "Sea Shell" line was presented, the color "coral" was associated with the line's name.
This lovely footed, cupped compote, is from the "Sea Shell" line, circa 1935-1949. It measures 6 1/4" across, 4 1/4 in height and 3 3/4" across the base. Gracefully ribbed body with wonderful interior detail. The rim, top border and base is beautifully gold decorated. Marked with a gold "T" on the base. There are no cracks, chips or repairs; looks like new.
5 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
Bry's Antiques, an "ADOPTION AGENCY" for ANTIQUE & VINTAGE items to enjoy or give as gifts.
Don't Forget "MOTHER'S DAY" - Vintage JEWELRY Is Sure To Make Her Day Even More Special