In 1841 a small pottery was established in Syracuse, New York, and over time evolved into the Onodaga Pottery Company and in 1891 the manufacturing of Syracuse china was begun. In 1966, the Onodaga Company was changed to Syracuse China Company. This group is the lovely "Roslyn" pattern, circa 1920, which displays baskets, bunches as well as individual florals in a multitude of colors, colorful birds and leaf and scroll trim. The group consists of two cups, three saucers, cream pitcher and two individual butter pats. The creamer and saucers are marked "Roslyn - Design Copyrighted 1916 - O.P.Co. Syracuse China", the other items are unmarked. There are no cracks, chips or repairs; some minor wear on trim.