The original company, Whitney and Rice Company, Attleboro, Massachusetts, was founded in 1875, but the name Napier Company was first used for jewelry in 1922. This lovely faux mother-of-pearl choker, circa 1950, consists of a single stand of MOP beads approximately 10mm in size separated by two small gold-tone beads. A round MOP disc, about 5/8" in diameter, is suspended between each MOP bead by several gold-tone links and pin. The beads and disc have a wonderful translucent color. The push-in type clasp is marked "Napier" without the copyright symbol which was first used in 1955. The overall length is 15 1/2". The condition is near mint with no damages or metal wear. Lovely and very wearable.