This wonderful vintage brooch is signed McClelland Barclay. This brooch was made in the 1940's as the company was in business from 1935 to 1943. The brooch is a gold tone metal set with purple and clear rhinestones, the clear rhinestones are set in a silver tone metal. A very beautiful brooch that measures 2-1/2" x 2-1/4"
This brooch and other McClelland Barclay is shown in many books like: - Collecting Costume Jewelry 202 - The basics of Dating Jewelry - 1935 – 1980 - Second Edition - Julia C. Carroll
- Miller’s Costume Jewelry - How to Compare and Value - Steven Miners
- Classic American Costume Jewelry - Identification and Value Guide - Jacqueline Rehman
- Collecting Rhinestone & Colored Jewelry - Expanded and Updated fourth Edition - Maryanne Dolan
- Warman’s Jewelry 3rd Edition - A fully illustrated Identification - And Price Guide to 18th, 19th and 20th - Century Fine and Costume Jewelry - Christie Romero
- Costume Jewelry - Judith Miller
A shop for those with a passion for vintage costume jewelry and other beautiful things!
My pledge is to work hard and honestly to help you satisfy your passion for vintage jewelry and treasures!