Armand Marseille # 3200 7/0 - 12" Cabinet Doll
Original Antique Doll - Made in Germany
[ FEATURES AND DETAILS... ]
- Bisque Head / Leather Body
- Stands Approx. 12.5" Tall
- Marked: "3200 AM 7/0 DEP. Made in Germany"
VOTES FOR WOMEN!!!
Just in time for Women’s History Month, this gorgeous 12" cabinet-size doll stands for this year's theme -- "Valiant Women of the Vote" -- the Centennial of Women's Suffrage in the United States.
Your lady is dressed in a beautiful Edwardian era/style suffragette costume: antique black silk skirt with ruffle, and eyelet blouse. Her hat is a straw Gibson Girl-style with black silk purple flowers and an ostrich flourish. She also has a matching black silk prop parasol.
And last -- but most importantly -- she is carrying her statement sign for Women’s Rights and proudly wearing her "Votes for Women" sash in the period suffragette colors.
The doll was inspired by the Gibson Girl illustrations and she has the haughty look, but much more can be said about her and her valor. She represents the beginning of the Women's Liberation Movement and therefore has a place in American history.
She is a lovely Armand Marseille 3200 ... bisque shoulder head on kid leather body ... with her original auburn wig, which has been styled to look like a Gibson Girl. She has sleep eyes.
NOTE: Photo props not included: DOLL STAND
[ CONDITION DETAILS ]
- Lovely condition; from a non-smoking environment. No issues (cracks/hairlines/etc.) noticed on the bisque after close examination.
- The body is sound (other than that tear at the neck, shown in the final photo) and the leather has some age spotting on back. No sawdust leaks after examination.
- She has a red/auburn-blond mohair wig in good condition. Her outfit is not original to her, but it is made of antique silk and is adorable on her. As mentioned, the parasol is a prop.
Please SUPERSIZE all photos for a full picture of this lovely doll lot's condition.
[ IMPORTANT! - MORE ABOUT CONDITION ]
Besides the noteworthy issues mentioned above, EXPECT any antique doll (bisque/composition/leather/china/wood) to ALSO have:
(1) SIGNS OF AGE - for example: toned/crazed/chipped composition, minor wig pulls, loss of "hair" lashes on bisque heads (if they had them), not-so-tight stringing, etc., and
(2) MINOR CONSERVATION WORK by previous owners/collectors - for example: reset eyes (in most cases!), repairs to wig, repairs to clothing, touch-ups on composition/finish/paint, etc.
SO ... Any MAJOR issues -- hairline crack, total repaint, etc. -- would be itemized above, but these normal age/conservation details are not. They are to be expected. Thank you.
[ STILL NOT SURE? ]
Please don't hesitate to contact me. I'll gladly answer any questions you may have, so you can make an informed decision whether to purchase this item!
[ ATTENTION U.S. PURCHASERS - SHIPPING OPTIONS ]
Please be sure to check all the shipping options I'm offering. (Click on "Shipping Info," then "other services.") Shipping costs can vary dramatically depending on your Zip code, so choose the one that's best for you.
[ FAIR SHIPPING ]
My shipping fees never get inflated to generate hidden profit! If the shipping seems high on a particular item, please contact me, and I'll gladly explain why it costs that much to ship ... or if there's an error, I'll correct it.
SUFFRAGETTE DOLL - 12" Cabinet Size Armand Marseille 3200 Antique Bisque Shoulder-Head German