17" Hertwig Lady
Original Antique Doll - Made in Germany - c.1860s
With Vintage Chair as Pictured
[ FEATURES AND DETAILS... ]
- China Head / Cloth Body
- Approx. 16.5" Tall
This darling innocent-faced doll is simply too sweet -- and just in time for Valentine's Day.
Unmarked 17" china shoulder-head lowbrow doll on an older cloth body, with leather arms and one repair.
I couldn't find another doll like her on the Internet. But I believe she is an unusual or even rare Hertwig. I found a picture of her on page 274 of Krombholz's book on German Chinas.
The soft green leather (or bonded leather) boots are part of the body.
She has a black center part in her hair, blue eyes, and beautiful facial coloring.
She is wearing an adorable older/vintage rose-colored outfit with hearts embroidered on the white apron, and vintage underwear. A floral accent head garland completes this doll.
She comes with her lovely vintage chair as pictured.
[ CONDITION DETAILS ]
- Beautiful antique condition.
- No condition issues on the porcelain after careful observation. As with most/all china-head dolls, there are tiny "freckles" here and there from the firing process.
- There is age staining on the cloth body, and one repair, as pictured.
- The chair is vintage and shows some age on the surface, with chippy paint.
Just a fine old lady in great condition!
As with all my listings (unless explicitly stated otherwise), this comes from a NON-smoking environment.
Please SUPERSIZE all photos for a full picture of this lovely doll lot's condition.
[ IMPORTANT! - MORE ABOUT CONDITION ]
Besides the noteworthy issues mentioned above, EXPECT any antique doll (bisque/composition/leather/china/wood) to ALSO have:
(1) SIGNS OF AGE - for example: toned/crazed/chipped composition, minor wig pulls, loss of "hair" lashes on bisque heads (if they had them), not-so-tight stringing, etc., and
(2) MINOR CONSERVATION WORK by previous owners/collectors - for example: reset eyes (in most cases!), repairs to wig, repairs to clothing, touch-ups on composition/finish/paint, etc.
SO ... Any MAJOR issues -- hairline crack, total repaint, etc. -- would be itemized above, but these normal age/conservation details are not. They are to be expected. Thank you.
[ STILL NOT SURE? ]
Please don't hesitate to contact me. I'll gladly answer any questions you may have, so you can make an informed decision whether to purchase this item!
[ ATTENTION U.S. PURCHASERS - SHIPPING OPTIONS ]
Please be sure to check all the shipping options I'm offering. (Click on "Shipping Info," then "other services.") Shipping costs can vary dramatically depending on your Zip code, so choose the one that's best for you.
[ FAIR SHIPPING ]
My shipping fees never get inflated to generate hidden profit! If the shipping seems high on a particular item, please contact me, and I'll gladly explain why it costs that much to ship ... or if there's an error, I'll correct it.
c.1860s Antique German Lady - China Head Doll 17" HERTWIG