This gorgeous Gorham Chantilly Duchess Sterling Silver 6-piece coffee/tea set includes a large matching Sterling Silver waiter tray, c. 1941. The set includes a coffee pot, tea pot, covered sugar bowl, creamer, waste and tray - all in .925 Sterling Silver. The Chantilly Duchess pattern features hand-chased scroll designs around the body and scrolled trim to the rim and base. The open pieces (creamer and waste) have gold washed interiors. The underside of each piece is stamped "Sterling" with the Gorham name, trademark stamp and item number. Each piece has a cartouche with fancy 3-letter monogram "D P N" on one side only.
Set was designed to compliment the Gorham Chantilly Sterling flatware pattern designed in 1895. Set will require shipment in two boxes. Will be shipped fully insured. Set consists of:
1. Sterling Silver Coffee Pot (#781) - Measures 10 1/4" high, 9 3/4" wide with a 4 1/4" diameter base. Holds 2 7/8 pints.
Weighs 900 grams.
2. Sterling Silver Teapot (#732) - Measures 8 3/4" high, 10" wide with a 4 1/4" diameter base. Holds 2 1/2 pints. Weighs 850
3. Sterling Silver Waste (#735) - Measures 4 1/2" high with a top diameter of 4" and 3 1/2" diameter base. Weighs 270
4. Sterling Silver Creamer (#734) - Measures 5 3/4" high, 5" wide with a 2 3/4" base diameter. Weighs 280 grams.
5. Sterling Silver Covered Sugar (#733) - Measures 6 7/8" high, 6 3/4" wide with a 3 1/2" diameter base. Weighs 450 grams.
6. Sterling Silver Tray (#737) - Measures 25 1/2" long and 17 1/'2" high. Tray weighs 111.81 oz. T. (weighs too much for our
Combined weight of coffee/tea set (without tray) is 2750 grams. Total weight of entire 6-piece set is 200.47 oz. Troy.
Condition: This lovely set is in very good to excellent Estate condition reflecting only minor signs of wear with no major damage or repairs. There is one dent on the back side (opposite the monogram) of the sugar bowl (see photo) in an area free of decoration that could be removed/repaired by a jeweler or silversmith. The tray has very faint no-harm surface scratches in the center from normal wear - far less than normally expected on a tray that was used to hold a coffee/tea set that was certainly used. No other noted flaws.
Please note that if you already have this tea set and only need the Sterling Silver tray, we would consider selling the tray separately from the set. Please inquire if this would be of interest to you.
6 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List