This listing is for a gorgeous 5-piece Gorham Sterling Silver coffee/tea service. The design features a paneled (ribbed) body with double horizontal ribs encircling each piece at the shoulder area. Each piece sits on a low pedestal base with both the rim and the base decorated with a wide gadroon border. Although we are not familiar with this pattern, it has many special elements that add to the beauty of this set. Each piece is engraved with a fancy monogram "K" on one side and is marked with the Gorham trademark stamp and "Gorham, Sterling" with the individual piece number. The waste has a gold washed interior. This set is not only gorgeous, it is a very heavy with each piece being substantial in size. Combined weight of set is 2740 grams. Set consists of:
(1) Coffee Pot #501/1 (3 Pints) - Measures 10 3/4" high, 9 3/4" wide (from spout to handle) with a 3 7/8" diameter base.
Weighs 920 grams.
(2) Teapot #502/1 (2 1/2 Pints) - Measures 9 1/4" high, 9 1/4" wide (spout to handle) with a 3 3/4" diameter base. Weighs
(3) Lidded Sugar Bowl #503/1 - Measures 6 1/2" high (to top of lid), 7" wide (handle to handle) with a 3 1/4" diameter base.
Weighs 480 grams.
(4) Creamer #504/1 (3/4 Pint) - Measures 5 1/2" high, 4 3/4" wide (spout to handle) with a 2 1/2" diameter base. Weighs
(5) Waste #505/1 - Measures 4 3/8" high with a 3 5/8" diameter top and 3 1/8" diameter base. Weighs 275 grams.
Condition: This set is in very good to excellent Estate condition with no major flaws (dents, dings or repairs) and reflecting only minor signs of normal wear. The only flaw we found is that the creamer is just slightly off level and has a minor wobble at the base (not enough to cause it to be unstable). This should be an easy fix but we will leave this for the next owner to address.
Another shopper has this item in their Cart or Wish List