This listing is for a lovely 5-piece Gorham Sterling Silver coffee/tea set in the beautiful BUTTERCUP pattern. The Buttercup flatware pattern was issued in 1899. Each piece has a fancy 3-letter monogram "G F A" in lower cartouche on one side. The hinge on both the coffee and teapot are tight and the lids open and close correctly. This set was a presentation set and the coffee pot is elaborately engraved with 21 names, ten on one side and eleven on the reverse. Each piece is marked on the base with the Gorham trademark stamp and "Sterling" and each piece is marked with the individual model number. Combined weight is 1510 grams. Set consists of:
(1) Coffee Pot #A2341 (1 3/4 Pints) - Measures 9 3/4" high, 8 1/2" wide (from spout to handle) and 4 1/2" deep. Weighs 475
(2) Teapot #A2342 (1 1/2 Pints) - Measures 6 1/2" high, 8 1/2" wide (spout to handle) and 4 3/4" deep wide. Weighs 415
(3) Creamer #A2344 (3/4 Pints) - Measures 4 1/4" high, 5 1/2" wide (spout to handle) and 3 1/2" deep. Weighs 205 grams.
(4) Sugar Bowl #A2343 (without lid) - Measures 3 1/2" high (at handle), 7 1/2" with (handle to handle) and 4 1/2" deep.
Weighs 235 grams.
(5) Waste #A2345 - Measures 3 1/4" high, 5 1/2" wide and 4 1/2" deep. Weighs 180 grams.
Condition: This set is in very good to excellent Estate condition reflecting only minor signs of normal wear. Specific minor flaws include two faint dings on the coffee pot, one inside cartouche on one side and the other near the handle. The teapot has a faint dent on rounded part of handle and another on lower part of handle. The waste has a faint dent on shoulder at the end of the embossed design of pattern. These flaws are all considered minor and would have occurred during normal handling. Also note that the lid to the sugar bowl is missing, however, it looks fine as shown. No other noted flaws.
2 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List