This listing is for a lovely vintage Alvin Sterling Silver dinner service flatware set (service for twelve) plus 3* serving pieces in the classic MARYLAND pattern issued in 1910. No monograms. Each piece (excluding the knives) is marked "Alvin, Sterling". Knives are marked "Alvin, Sterling Handle" on handle and "Alvin Stainless" on blades.
*PLEASE NOTE: Although our photos show 5 serving pieces, we have removed 2 pieces from this set after it was called to our attention that 2 pieces shown in our photos were not the Maryland pattern. The removed pieces are the pierced serving spoon and the olive/pickle fork. The weight of these 2 items has been deducted from the total weight of this set.
(12) Dinner Knives - measure 9 1/2" long. Combined weight is 840 grams.
(12) Dinner Forks - measure 7 1/2" long. Combined weight is 680 grams.
(11) Salad Forks - measure 6 1/2" long. Combined weight is 400 grams. * Please note that the set is short 1 salad fork.
(12) Teaspoons - measure 5 3/4" long. Combined weight is 320 grams.
(12) Iced Tea Spoons - measure 7 3/4" long. Combined weight is 350 grams.
(12) Bouillon Soup Spoons - measure 7" long. Combined weight is 505 grams.
(1) Serving Spoon - measures 8 1/2" long. Weighs 65 grams.
(1) Cold Meat Fork - measures 8 1/2" long. Weighs 60 grams.
(1) Jelly Slice - measures 5 1/2" long. Weighs 20 grams.
Combined weight of set (not including knives) is 2400 grams with overall weight including knives being 3240.
The set is in very good Estate condition with no noted flaws reflecting only minor signs of normal wear. On some of the handles, there is a very faint small rubbed spot where silver pieces have been stacked for storage which may buff out with polishing.
2 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List