LOVELY, 1954 hard plastic, painted lash, straight leg walker Vogue Ginny doll. She is wearing a tagged "Medford, Mass." dress #63 from the My First Corsage series. It is shown on page 129 of the Collectors Encyclopedia of Vogue Dolls by Izen & Stover, 2nd edition, purple cover. She is in lovely condition with great facial coloring. Please read description and condition of doll and clothing below and look at all of the photos as they are an important part of the description.
• Lovely high color cheeks with no cheek rubs;
• Blue eyes that open and close. Needs assistance to open and close at time;
• Fabulous defined painted eyebrows and eyelashes to NO GREEN OR YELLOWING;
• Full blonde dynel braided wig with bangs. Braids appear to have been re-braided and has fly away hairs. Replaced ribbon bows;
• Walking mechanism works nicely allowing the head to turn side to side.
• Arms have been restrung and will hold a pose;
• No cracks or splits to the body. No shoulder seam splits. Body is pretty clean;
• Body is marked "GINNY Vogue Dolls"
• All fingers and toes are present;
• No odor.
1954 MY FIRST CORSAGE DRESS #63:
• (1954) #63 My First Corsage dress shown on page 129 of The Encyclopedia of Vogue Dolls by Izen and Stover, 2nd edition, purple cover.
• Gold velveteen top with black iridescent taffeta skirt. Clean hook and eye back closure. Crisp "Medford, Mass" tag. CONDITION: No holes or tears. Light soiling to top but no stains or fading and color is even all the way around;
• Replaced (not original to this dress) vintage Ginny golden yellow taffeta bloomers with nice tight elastic at the waist. Elastic along the legs have relaxed. No holes or stains;
• Original net slip with gold and green ribbon trim. Elastic at waist has relaxed but there are no holes to the slip;
• Black horsehair hat with flowers and replaced elastic chin strap. Not sure if this hat is original to this outfit but is in very nice condition with no holes;
• Black marked "Ginny" vinyl shoes with no heels and yellow rayon socks. The shoes with no heels were made for one year, 1954. Shoes are very nice. Socks are stretched along the tops with no holes or runs.
PLEASE LOOK AT ALL OF THE PHOTOS AS THEY ARE AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE DESCRIPTION. WHILE I HAVE DESCRIBED THE CONDITION OF THIS ITEM TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY I ENCOURAGE YOU TO LOOK AT ALL OF THE PHOTOS SO THAT YOU CAN FORM YOUR OWN OPINION OF CONDITION.
MEASURES: 7 1/2 in. Ginny Doll