Lovely 1952 Fitted Fiber Case with Vogue strung Ginny doll. It is #822 shown on page 113 of The Encyclopedia of Vogue Dolls by Izen and Stover, 2nd edition, purple cover. Case includes strung Ginny doll and wardrobe. VERY NICE CONDITION! No odor and my home is smoke-free. Please read description and condition of doll and outfit below and look at all of the photos as they are an important part of the description.
• 1952 hard plastic strung Ginny doll;
• Superb facial coloring with high color rosy cheeks. No cheek rubs;
• Blue sleep eyes that open and close easily. Note the dark blue around the eyes. No chips on the eyelids;
• Lovely painted auburn eyebrows and eyelashes;
• ORIGINAL tosca dynel flip wig with bands. Full with some fly-away hairs;
• Excellent body with no cracks or splits. Doll body and arms have been restrung. Body has a few spots. I have not cleaned her. No stains;
• All fingers and toes are present;
• Marked on back as shown in the photos.
FITTED FIBER CASE & CLOTHING DESCRIPTION
• Lovely tagged 1952 pink organdy shadow print dress. Hook & eye back closure with no rust. Fabric is very crisp. Tagged " Vogue" script tag.
Crisp tag. DRESS CONDITION: Dress is in excellent condition with no holes, stains or yellowing. Coloring is even all the way around;
• Matching pink organdy bloomers with elastic at the waist and leg openings. CONDITION: No holes, stains, fading or yellowing. Elastic at
waist appears to have been replaced and the elastic at the legs have relaxed with a running stitch sewn to pull in the legs;
• Original pink hair bow with brass clip. CONDITION: Excellent with no holes;
• Pink center snap shoes with smooth bottoms and pink rayon socks. CONDITION: Snap on one shoe has been reinforced from the inside.
Other shoe is fine. Socks are in excellent condition;
• Clothing in drawer consists of a nightgown, robe, white oil cloth slippers with pink pom-poms, four pink curlers and a pink terry cloth towel.
No holes or damages. Pink towel has some stains;
• Fitted fiber case is intact but has some stains and edge and corner wear. Pull out front drawer with original silver tone metal pull. Top lifts
with ribbon to hold it up. Dress, hair bow, mirror and comb attached to the inside lid.
PLEASE LOOK AT ALL OF THE PHOTOS AS THEY ARE AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE DESCRIPTION. WHILE I HAVE DESCRIBED THE CONDITION OF THIS ITEM TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY I ENCOURAGE YOU TO LOOK AT ALL OF THE PHOTOS SO THAT YOU CAN FORM YOUR OWN OPINION OF CONDITION.
MEASURES: 7 1/2 in. Ginny Doll