This item from Alexander Antiques is now in the Shop Backroom.
More from Alexander Antiques
1960's hard plastic, bent knee, molded lash, walker Ginger doll by the Cosmopolitan Toy & Doll Co.. She is wearing #1012 "Blue Fairy" shown on page 54 of Small Dolls of the 40s & 50s by Carol Stover. Doll is in wonderful condition with high facial coloring and rosy cheek color. Please read description and condition of doll and clothing below and look at all of the photos as they are an important part of the description.
• Lovely high facial coloring and rosy blush to her cheeks. No cheek rubs. There is a hard substance on one cheek. I have not tried to remove it
but might be glue. See photo #5;
• Large blue eyes that open and close. Needs assistance to open and close;
• Painted brown eyebrows with molded upper eyelashes;
• Original brunette dynel flip wig. Soft but needs restyling;
• Walking mechanism works nicely allowing the head to turn side to side.
• Arms hold a pose nicely at times. Original rubber band stringing;
• No cracks or splits to the body. Knees are difficult to bend so I did not try to bend them;
• No markings;
• All fingers and toes are present;
• No odor.
• (1965) Blue Fairy dress.
• Blue nylon overskirt with blue tulle netting. I think the underskirt has faded as shown in photo #4. Two secured back snaps. Dress is missing
the cardboard glittered back wings. Dress has no holes or stains;
• Panties with blue loopy picot trim around the legs. Elastic at waist has relaxed but they do stay up. No holes;
• Original cardboard Fairy hat. No tears but there are bends and creases;
• Purple shoes not original to the doll or outfit;
• Outfit is missing the cardboard wings and the wand.
PLEASE LOOK AT ALL OF THE PHOTOS AS THEY ARE AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE DESCRIPTION. WHILE I HAVE DESCRIBED THE CONDITION OF THIS ITEM TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY I ENCOURAGE YOU TO LOOK AT ALL OF THE PHOTOS SO THAT YOU CAN FORM YOUR OWN OPINION OF CONDITION.
MEASURES: 8" Ginger Doll
If you were the pending buyer of this item, go to My Account to view, track and check payment for this item.
1960's BKW Vintage 8" Ginger Doll "Blue Fairy" Rosy Cheek Color
$25 USD SOLD
Shop for Fine Antiques and Collectibles