Lovely vintage Vogue 1953 strung Ginny doll with high cheek color. She is BALLET (often referred to by collectors as "Rainbow Ballerina") #45 of the Gadabout series shown on page 118 of The Encyclopedia of Vogue Dolls by Izen and Stover, 2nd edition, purple cover. NO ODOR and my home is smoke-free. WONDERFUL CONDITION! Please read description and condition of doll and outfit below and look at all of the photos as they are an important part of the description.
• 1953 hard plastic strung Ginny doll;
• Lovely facial coloring with high color rosy cheeks. No cheek rubs;
• Brown root beer sleep eyes that open and close with assistance. No chips on the eyelids;
• Lovely painted auburn eyebrows and eyelashes. NO GREEN;
• ORIGINAL tosca dynel flip wig with bands. Full and silky and uncombed. Some fly-away hairs;
• Excellent body with no cracks or splits. Doll body and arms retains original rubber band stringing. Stringing is loose. Body has a few spots. I
have not cleaned her;
• All fingers and toes are present;
• Marked on back as shown in the photos.
• Lovely tagged 1953 "BALLET" #45 of the Gadabout series;
• Multicolored ribbon and net tutu skirt over gathered net. Top and skirt trimmed with silver braid. Flower trim attached at the waist. Net
attached underskirt. Hook and eye back closure with no rust. Tagged " Original Vogue Dolls Inc." script tag. Crisp tag. DRESS CONDITION:
Dress is in very good condition with no splitting to the ribbon net skirt. Skirt retains original stiffness as you can see from the photos. Net
underskirt has some edge fraying and fading but no holes. Flowers at waist have some light age soiling. Coloring is even all the way around;
• Ginny pale pink separate panties with attached net slip. Elastic has relaxed. CONDITION: No holes but some edge fraying to the net slip.
Fading to the color.
• Floral headband still stapled to the head. CONDITION: Excellent with no tears or breaks. Light soiling to the flowers;
• Pale pink satin slipper tie shoes with smooth soles. No damage but has light age stains.
PLEASE LOOK AT ALL OF THE PHOTOS AS THEY ARE AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE DESCRIPTION. WHILE I HAVE DESCRIBED THE CONDITION OF THIS ITEM TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY I ENCOURAGE YOU TO LOOK AT ALL OF THE PHOTOS SO THAT YOU CAN FORM YOUR OWN OPINION OF CONDITION.
MEASURES: 7 1/2 in. Ginny Doll
21 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
Shop for Fine Antiques and Collectibles