• This dear little antique nephrite jade hare is slightly calcified from age. But it doesn’t hide the liveliness of the dashing hare, with its ears thrown back in flight. It is a grey khaki colour and measures 3.5cm (1.25”) long and 2cm high (.75”). In Chinese legend, the hare was said to be rewarded for its devotion to Buddhism by being allowed to live on the moon with the moon goddess. And there it could live for a very long time and breed prolifically. It is therefore a symbol of fertility and longevity. It is also one of the animals of the Chinese Zodiac.
• Above the hare is an antique grey nephrite jade tortoise shell (16mm). The tortoise shell dome represents the sky; while the flat underside, the earth. It is also an emblem of longevity.
• A nephrite open work jade cylinder bead (19mm) lies horizontally between two green jade beads (8mm).
• The handmade silk/polyester grey chain has a sterling silver toggle clasp, which is easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached to the clasp.
• The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
• The necklace is 38cm (15”) long, from the clasp to the bottom of the hare pendant.
Jade Hare Runs with 0n a Grey Silk Chain
Overnight Flat Rate Shipping Service (1 working day)
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|