• The Ancient Romans appreciated opaque emeralds and usually mixed them with a yellow, 18ct gold. It was a very simple necklace, but elegantly effective.
• These are indeed emeralds which are opaque. They are cylinder shaped and hand carved. They measure approximately 15mm long and 10mm wide. Their colour is a wonderful, pure, green.
• Interspersed between the emeralds are antique, 18ct gold octagonal beads (8mm). These were created in Afghanistan, where the artisans used their ancient techniques learned from the craftsmen who came with Alexander the Great in 330BC
• A 14ct gold vermeil toggle clasp has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
• The necklaces come, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
• The necklace is 45cm (17.5”) long.
When Emeralds Mix with 18CT Gold, a Roman Necklace Emerges
Overnight Flat Rate Shipping Service (1 working day)
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|