• This is indeed a fascinating bronze intaglio seal, probably from Southwestern Asia, around the regions of Syria, Turkey and Iraq. It is possibly from the 19th century, harking back to Mesopotamia in style. It is deeply etched with a noble rider on a horse; a gazelle-type creature standing on its hind legs, at the front, leading the way; while a bird flutters at the rear; and flowers and vines abound. I do not know the meaning of the intaglio or its purpose, but it is quite lovely as a design. The intaglio measures 5cm (2”) long, 4cm (1.5”) wide, and 7mm deep.
• It is flanked by two antique carved bone flower beads (8mm).
• Six-sided flat chiastolite beads(28mm) create a rich, visual texture, with their chestnut brown colour and the extraordinary natural black cross pattern.
• Rectangular panels of 5cm (2”) of acid treated agate in russets and cream tones 5cm (2”) harmonize with the antique carved bone ribbon beads 3cm (1.25”).
• The cream pebbles (22mm) of howlite and the carved swirl bone beads(13mm) continue the theme of creams and browns.
• A 14ct gold vermeil toggle clasp has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
• The necklaces come, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
• The necklace is 44 cm (17.5”) long with a 5cm (2”) pendant drop.
Fascinating Bronze Seal Necklace in Browns & Creams
Overnight Flat Rate Shipping Service (1 working day)
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|