• This necklace is a blast of turquoise colour, the natural colour of chrysocolla. It creates a kind of wake-up call, that cannot be ignored. This intense colour both flatters and brings the face alive
• These three strands of polished, rough-cut chrysocolla nuggets create the framework of the necklace. The size of the nuggets vary, as do the colour tones of the stone with its rich patination. The size ranges from 41mm x 25mm, down to 16mm x 11mm.
• But to give the necklace more of an interest than mere impact, I have added a wonderfully carved, vintage celadon jade pendant. The soft celadon colour makes a good foil for the chrysocolla. It features two Mandarin ducks nesting on a lotus leaf, while a lotus pod hovers above them. The scene sits within a Bi disc. Symbolism abounds. The Mandarin ducks are emblems of love and marriage. They are noted to be monogamous, loyal to only one mate. The lotus leaf represents purity while its pod symbolizes fruitfulness. And the Bi disc implies longevity and harmony. The nephrite jade pendant measures 53mm (2.5”) in diameter and 5mm in thickness.
• The pendant is attached by 4mm turquoise beads, which wrap around all 3 chrysocolla strands.
• All 3 strands feed into two handmade rhodium silver beads from South Korea (15mm).
• A sterling silver, handmade toggle clasp, has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
• The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
• The necklace measures 46cm (18”) long with a pendant drop of 5.5cm (2.5”)
The Vibrant Impact of Turquoise Chrysocolla & Celadon Jade
Overnight Flat Rate Shipping Service (1 working day)
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|