• This wonderful ancient bronze belt buckle is described as Roman, but this is difficult to verify. It certainly has the Roman subject matter of a Cow suckling her calf, and it has been cast in the ancient Roman style. The bronze itself has rich patina, both on the front and back of the buckle. It is heavy and measures 4.5cm (1.75”) square and is 5mm in depth.
• Whatever its age, which is clearly not new, it is a stunning bronze buckle, rich in green verdigris and a rusty brown colouration. Verdigris usually comes about through weathering and time. And the subject is enchanting.
• The buckle hangs on 5 (4mm) strands of celadon jade beads.
• There are two strands of natural, cultured, baroque freshwater pearls, dyed to a subtle taupe colour. The pearls are roughly 14mm.
• The double strands of pearls meet up in handmade antique, lost wax beads from Ghana.
• A 14ct gold on silver toggle clasp has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
• The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
• The necklace measures 43cm (17”) long with a 6.5cm (2.5”) pendant drop.
Ancient Bronze Mixes with Double Strands of Natural Cultured Pearls
£650 15% Off
You save £100
Overnight Flat Rate Shipping Service (1 working day)
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|