Wonderful spelter sculpture of "La Nymphe" early 1900's by W. Hering shown standing at the edge of the pond with a tall clump of cattails to her left and water lilies in bloom just below in the pond. Stands on a thick mahogany base with ornate bronze ring above. Brass plaque showing the name of the piece "La Nymphe" and below "par Hering". Also signed on the back "W Hering".
Originally was designed as a lamp with two brass or bronze rods. The small holes can be seen just in front and behind the cattails and the circular hole in back for the cord. Easily converted back to a lamp if desired but makes an excellent sculpture in present form. Good detailing in the girl with flowing dress and long hair pulled back.A peaceful expression on her face as she delights with her arms in nature. A tiny piece of her left little finger missing and right thumb,otherwise excellent condition.
Measures 24 H X 7.5 L X 7.5 D.