Victorian English Copper Jug Pitcher Measuring Set of Five, C. 1860
This is an outstanding set of five English liquid measuring jugs or pitchers. This is a wonderful graduated set of copper jugs.
The sizes and volumes of the jugs are as follows
1. Largest---12 1/2 inches tall, 11 inches in diameter at the base, and 13 inches wide spout to handle (2 gallons)
2. Next to Largest: 10 1/2 inches tall, 9 15/16 inches in diameter at the base, and 10 1/2 inches wide spout to handle (1 gallon)
3. Middle Jug--8 3/4 inches tall, 8 1/2 inches wide in diameter at the base, and 9 inches wide spout to handle (1/2 gallon)
4. Next to Smallest: 6 3/4 inches tall, 6 1/4 inches in diameter at the base, and 7 1/4 inches wide spout to handle (1 quart)
5. Smallest: 6 inches tall, 5 1/8 inches in diameter at the base, and 6 inches wide spout to handle (1/2 quart)
Each of the jugs has a skirted base design. Although the set of jugs is not marked, we bought in England from one of trusted kitchenaria dealers. We set the date at mid-19th century.
The jugs are all in good shape. They do not leak---we tested them all to determine the volumes. There are user marks, and together this is a wonderful set of Victorian copper jugs. A wonderful set for display, or use.
41 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
Welcome to Anne Charles Antiques on Ruby Lane. We specialize in English Antiques and Collectibles
Red Tag Sale Begins Fri Morning at 8:00 AM Pacific Time