A nice TIE PIN CLIP Souvenir off H.M.S. TIGER.
Tiger started out as Bellerophon laid down in 1941 at the John Brown Shipyard as part of the Minotaur class of light cruisers. They had a low construction priority due to more pressing requirements for other ship types during World War II, particularly anti-submarine craft. Bellerophon was renamed Tiger in 1945, and was launched, partially constructed, on 25 October 1945. She was christened by Lady Stansgate, the wife of William Benn, the Secretary of State for Air, and mother of MP Anthony Wedgewood Benn. However, work on Tiger was suspended in 1946, and she was laid up at Dalmuir.
Construction of Tiger resumed, but to a new design, with Tiger becoming the name ship of the class. Tiger was finally commissioned on Clydebank in March 1959 and was scrapped in Oct 1986.
Royal Navy - H.M.S TIGER - Tie Pin Clip
|Shipping:||Arrange with Seller|
|Insurance:||Arrange with Seller|
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|