A very well struck old medallion dated for 1901 ...probably purchased for visitors to the GIGANTIC WHEEL. Diameter is 1 1/4".
The Great Wheel, as it was also called, was built in 1895 for the Empire of India Exhibition at Earls Court, London, UK, and was 94 meters (308 ft) tall.....it was the World's highest Ferris Wheel from 1895 to 1900. Construction began in March 1894 and it opened to the public on July 17, 1895. It stayed in service until 1906 and was demolished in 1907, having carried over 2.5 million passengers.
26 other shoppers are interested in this item
At Molloy's MEGA ANTIQUES CENTRE, Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand
# # # OPEN For Online Orders & Queries NOW & Right Through The HOLIDAY PERIOD # # #