A small Luncheon Menu for the White Star Liner R.M.S. GOTHIC (4 3/4" x 3/4") dated March 11th 1905. Condition for age is good but does have more age and stain spots than the October 15th one so price is reduced.
SS Gothic was an ocean liner, built in 1893 at the Harland and Wolff Shipyards for the White Star Line. She was 490 ft long and 53 ft wide and 7755 gross registered tons. For much of her career she was transferred back and forth between White Star and the Red Star Line, both of which were subsidiaries of the International Mercantile Marine. GOTHIC was a cargo and passenger liner which operated along the New Zealand route. The Gothic could carry 104 First class passengers along with 114 Second and Steerage class passengers. Operating from its White Star berth in Plymouth, RMS Gothic would sail along the west coast of Europe to the Canary islands, then continue down to Cape Town, South Africa, heading to Australia and finally arriving in New Zealand.
Gothic caught fire in 1906, and was subsequently repaired. Following this, she was converted into an immigrant ship and chartered to the Red Star Line as SS Gothland. This was short-lived, as in 1911, she was transferred back to White Star with her name returned to Gothic. Two years later, she once again served the Red Star Line as Gothland. She now ran the Antwerp to New York run. In May 1921 she reverted yet again to White Star but kept the name Gothland. In 1924 she ran aground. After examination it was decided that the ship was no longer economically viable and she was scrapped in 1925.
White Star Line R.M.S. Gothic Luncheon Menu 1905
|Shipping:||Arrange with Seller|
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|