FABULOUS old V ICTORY-V TIN....standing 11 1/4" tall, 6" in width and 4" in depth....tapers to 5" at top .The Victory V has a long history. The tin probably dates to circa 1900-1920..........condition is good with great graphics....some surface rust around base and inside.The lozenges were, indirectly, inspired by Admiral Nelson's famous ship, having been named at a pub called the Nelson Inn which was in the Lancashire town of Nelson. It was there in 1864 that a confectioner named Thomas Fryer created his palliative for the common cold by combining pulverised sugar, linseed, liquorice, chlorodyne (a soothing mix of cannabis and chloroform) and pure acacia gum. It met with acclaim.
In 1880 the Victory Works were opened and by the 1920s the Victory V had gone global. Now made by Ernest Jackson & Co Ltd of Devon.
VICTORY-V Gums & Lozenges Tin - Circa Early 1900's
|Shipping:||Arrange with Seller|
|Insurance:||Arrange with Seller|
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|