A small egg shaped pepper shaker just 2 1/4" in height....a little dinged and dented but a neat little collectible from a ship that was 'afloat' for just a little over 11 years. The brass and enamel Crest is in excellent condition. The RMS Rangitane was a passenger liner owned by the New Zealand Shipping Company. She was one of three sister ships (the other sisters were Rangitata and Rangitiki) delivered to the company in 1929 for the All-Red Route between Britain and New Zealand. Rangitane was built by John Brown & Company and launched on 27 May 1929. The 16,712-ton liner MV Rangitane was sunk by two German auxiliary cruisers (armed merchant raiders), Orion and Komet, 550 km off East Cape on 27 November 1940.
The British-owned vessel was the largest Allied merchant ship to be sunk by a German surface vessel during the Second World War (German submarines and aircraft sank many larger ships).
20 other shoppers are interested in this item
At Molloy's MEGA ANTIQUES CENTRE, Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand
# # # OPEN For Online Orders & Queries NOW & Right Through The HOLIDAY PERIOD # # #