Hard to find piece in great condition.....wire braid on cloth.GLEN LINE was started in 1867 when Alan C. Gow took delivery of a sailing ship which he used on the Glasgow / Liverpool - Cape Horn - Chile trade. In 1870 the firm moved their home port to London. In 1910 Glen Line Ltd was formed and came under the control of Elder Dempster & Co. in 1911. Glen and Shire Lines were fused in 1912 but remained in the ownership of their original firms, but in 1920 the two companies were amalgamated. In 1935 Alfred Holt & Co. (Blue Funnel Line) purchased both the Glen and Shire Lines and the ships were re-registered at Liverpool instead of London. From then, ships were frequently transferred between Glen, Shire, Blue Funnel Lines and China Mutual S.N.Co.
In 1972 the name of the owning company became Ocean Transport & Trading Co. and in 1974 joined forces with William Thomson's Ben Line to operate Ben-Ocean Services. By 1978 the last of the Glen Line ships had been sold, Glen Line became a non-ship owning name and in 1990 the name and corporate assets of Glen Line Ltd were purchased by Curnow Shipping Ltd., Cornwall.
At Molloy's MEGA ANTIQUES CENTRE, Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand
# # # OPEN For Online Orders & Queries NOW & Right Through The HOLIDAY PERIOD # # #