An old Tyre Company advertising dish in very nice condition for age, which appears to be 1920's. Measures 4 3/4" in diameter.
Continental Caoutchouc und Gutta-Percha Compagnie” was founded in Hanover on 8th October 1871 as a joint stock company. Buffers for horseshoes and solid tires for carriages were among the first products produced since the 1870s. Consequently, in 1882, the rampant horse was adopted as trademark of the company.
In 1892 Continental was the first German company to manufacture pneumatic tires for bicycles. It was the beginning of the success story of the Continental tires’ brand.
The first giant pneumatic tires were made by Continental in the year 1921 replacing the solid tires used on commercial vehicles until that time. Three years later Continental advanced the cord tire and marketed “Conti-Cord” – a low pressure balloon tire. This technique enhances the driving comfort and the life of the tire.
By the end of the decade Continental was the leading company in commercial tires with 91 percent market share in Germany. So it’s not surprising that in the 1930s the Brand claim: „Tyres for every class of vehicle running on wheels“ was developed. In 1943 Continental filed the patent for tubeless tires and was the first company worldwide to do so.
Today the corporation employs 130,000 people at 190 locations in 35 countries.
5 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
At Molloy's MEGA ANTIQUES CENTRE, Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand
# # # LAST Dispatch Date For PRE-XMAS Delivery to USA / UK / EUROPE / ASIA is December 10th # # #