This stylish bowl has a purple glass liner set in an English silver frame. The boat shaped silver bowl has a beaded border and is given further character, by the pierced panels, the lion`s heads at each end of the silver frame and by standing upon four bun feet. An attractive bowl, which with the blue liner could be used for a variety of purposes at the dining table. For example, it could be used to hold a sauce or after dinner nibbles.
Hallmarked in 1909 in Chester, the bowl comes from the workshop of the silversmiths George Nathan & Ridley Hayes and the silver frame alone weighs 119 gms. The bowl measures 6" in length with a width of 4", while the height at each end of the bowl is 2 1/4".