Sterling Silver Souvenir Spoon of  "Avery Idaho"Sterling Silver Souvenir Spoon of  "Avery Idaho"Sterling Silver Souvenir Spoon of  "Avery Idaho"Sterling Silver Souvenir Spoon of  "Avery Idaho"Sterling Silver Souvenir Spoon of  "Avery Idaho"Sterling Silver Souvenir Spoon of  "Avery Idaho"

This is a Sterling Silver Souvenir Spoon of "Avery Idaho". This Spoon measures 5 & 3/4" in length. The Handle of the is Spoon has Stocks of Wheat with a Sickle pictured on one side and a long Loggers Handled Saw and it has some Flowers on it. There is a Pick Fork and a Shovel with Leaves that are wrapped around them. The back of the Handle shows Poppy blooms and leaves. The Bowl has a script engraving of "Avery, Ida. " The back of the handle is marked with the Trademark for Fessendon & Co Providence, Rhode Island and was in Business from 1860 - 1922 ( F Co in a Diamond 925 Sterling 1000 ). It is in Great condition. Avery is a small unincorporated community nestled in the St. Joe River Valley in Shoshone County, Idaho, United States. Avery is located in the middle of the St. Joe District of the Idaho Panhandle National Forest. Avery is a popular tourist attraction in northern Idaho for its beautiful wilderness and outdoor recreation. The Elevation of Avery is : 2486 feet (757 m) above sea level This climatic region is typified by large seasonal temperature differences, with warm to hot (and often humid) summers and cold (sometimes severely cold) winters. Avery has a population of 25 permanent residents. The temporary population is higher in the summer though due to seasonal workers for the United States Forest Service and the many summer homes in Avery and along the St. Joe River The town was from the years 1909 to 1980 a division point on the Milwaukee Road railroad's "Pacific Extension". It was also once the western terminus for the easternmost of two electrified mountain sections on the route. The other ran from Othello, Washington, through the Cascade Mountains to the Puget Sound. Electric operations ran from 1914–74 on this section to Harlowton, Montana. Trains stopped at the Avery Depot, now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Here, steam or diesel locomotives were changed or hooked up to electric locomotives. During the Great Fire of 1910, a 28-man firefighting team died near Setzer Creek outside of Avery.

Item ID: RL-5132


Sterling Silver Souvenir Spoon of "Avery Idaho"

$35 USD

Add to Cart
Questions about this item?
Email Shop

14 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List

Hill and Hill

Kathy & Jim Hill
Portland, OR   

Antique Sterling Silver, Jewelry, Napkin Rings, Victorian Objects

Sale * * * * * * * * Attention Sale * * * * * * Prices Reduced******Upgrade Shipping to Priority Mail

Exclusive Ruby Lane Member since 2002

Shipping & Handling:$5.00 USD
Shipping to: USA
140 character limit

More from Hill and Hill