This is an 1890's Antique Dresser Jar, Vanity Jar, Trinket Jar or Pin Holder produced by C F. Monroe Company circa 1898 - 1901 in Meridian, Connecticut. "Wavecrest" was a line that Monroe produced along with "Nakara" and "Kelva" in this Opal-ware Glass (Milk Glass) with Hand Painted decoration, along with some Transferware on pieces such as Portraits and Scenes. This Company, C. F. Monroe ceased production in 1916. It has Brass Ormolu Collar on the top with elaborate pierced handles. It measures 2 1/2" on the bottom, 1 1/2" tall and 4 1/4" across the handles, 3 1/8" across the top collar and is has an opening on the top of 2 1/8". This little Pin Tray made to hold pins or pieces of Jewelry and has exceptional Floral design decoration. It is decorated on the front and the back with little pink flowers, green leaves and White Enameled Beading with a swirling embossed Mold. The blank / mold is called "Helmschmied Swirl" . C F Monroe Company produced Wavecrest Glass and other lines of Glassware that closely resembles the French Opaline Glass that is so prized by collectors. It is not marked on the bottom as many pieces that left the factory without being marked, more than likely had a Paper Sticker. Some of the Glass blanks / molds that were used by Monroe came from France, but primarily came from Mt. Washington Glass Works and its successor,The Pairpoint Companies.