This Fine spoon is 5 & 5/8" long and in near mint condition. Both sides of the Handle have detailed views. The Gold Wash Bowl is hand engraved and titled "Campus Martius Detroit Michigan". Campus Martius Park is a re-established park in downtown Detroit, Michigan. In 1805, Campus Martius (Latin for "Field of Mars") was the focal point of judge Augustus Woodward's plans to rebuild the city following a disastrous fire earlier that year. It is where the "point of origin" of Detroit's coordinate system was created. Seven miles (11 km) north of this point is 7 Mile Road; eight miles (13 km) —8 Mile Road and so on. The park is located at the intersection of Woodward Avenue and Michigan Avenue, the original park covered several acres and was a major gathering area for citizens. The park was lost in the 1900s as the city's downtown was reconfigured to accommodate increased vehicular traffic. Hart Plaza, along the riverfront, was designed to replace Campus Martius as a point of importance. But as Hart Plaza is a primarily hard-surfaced area, many residents came to lament the lack of true park space in the city's downtown area. This led to calls to rebuild Campus Martius.
The new Campus Martius Park was dedicated on November 19, 2004. It includes two stages, sculptures, public spaces and a seasonal ice skating rink. At 1.2 acres (4,900 m²), the park is smaller than its predecessor, as a full restoration of the original would have required the demolition of several buildings. However, the city is currently working to increase the amount of park space in the area by constructing the new Cadillac Square Park immediately to the east of Campus Martius. Cadillac Square Park is scheduled to open in the late summer of 2006
The park's skating rink is designed to resemble the one at Rockefeller Center in New York City.
Antique Sterling Silver, Jewelry, Napkin Rings, Victorian Objects