This little ( 4 & 1/8" ) Sterling Spoon is in fine condition. The Gold Washed Bowl has a detailed Hand Engraved Rendering titled "The Arlington Hot Springs ARK". The Arlington Hotel has the richest history of all the lodging places in Hot Springs. We believe the rendering is of the Original Hotel.
The original 4-story Arlington was built in 1875. In 1892 the building was razed and replaced by a larger brick structure. The second Arlington was destroyed by a fire in 1923 and was replaced by the current 484-room Arlington. The present Hotel consists of an eleven story central portion with two seven-story wings. Two domed towers rise from the intersection of the wings with the central portion of the building.