This is a tall pair of lamps from the second half of the 19th century following a Napoleon III era. Originally a pair of candle-holders, directly inspired of the Greek Corinthian columns as often see after the Haussmannization of Paris, this pair consists of a brass fluted shaft, elegantly standing on marble base. The marble is called Portor marble (Originally from the Island of Portor Venere, Italy). This pair is estimated to have been rewired to the US Standard approximately a decade ago. Circa date 1880-1890. Dimensions 24"high/ Base: 5"wide/ 5"deep.
6 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
Direct Importer of Fine French And European Antiques since 1985
New container has arrived!!!