Santos Crown with. exquisite filigree, gilt metal, and sparkling faux gemstones. Measures approximately 5-1/2 inches tall, 15 inches around the widest part, 11 inches around the bottom.
Exquisite, intricate construction. This piece is in above excellent condition with fine components. It is hard to describe how lovely this is.
1. The bottom band is edged with crystal stones.
2. Arching panels swoop up, out and in to a center top medallion. Each panel is set with faceted stones in a variety of colors and, a center cabochon.
3. Between each panel is a medallion set with red cabochons.
4. At the very top is a filigree orb to represent the world.
5. This is caped with a gilt brass crucifix, the front of which is set with a ruby red stone.
6. Inside the bottom is an arched, fixed band with a long, 1-1/4 inch, slender rod that would have attached to the Santos Statue of Jesus Christ.
Origin is France. Exact date of production is unknown. Many are listed as antique. The vast majority of these were made in Europe in the late 1950s to mid 1960s.
As far as I know, this has never been used. In minty condition. Stones are beautiful, Strong riveted a/o prong set construction. Rod is straight and true with no signs of ever having been mounted on a statue.
Happy to combine shipping on multiple orders. I always refund over charge of shipping a/o insurance.
Shipping via Priority Mail in the USA. With very careful packing this will weigh more than one pound. Part of the insurance is covered in that cost.
International rates vary. Please, send any questions.
Subscribe to Toinette's to receive notices of newly listed items at sale prices.
I always combine shipping! Check recent arrivals for INTRODUCTORY Sale Prices on most items.
Santos Crown Gilt Filigree and Faux Gemstones