Beautiful and very rare solid 900 silver cabochon cut rock crystal paper clip. Fully hallmarked for famous and much sought after maker Louis Kuppenheim, Pforzheim Germany year 1912-24.
Size: 1.85 x 2in / 4.7 x 5cm
Stone size: 10mm
Wight: 1.2oz / 35gram
Company History - Louis Kuppenheim.
-1854: Lehmann Sr. (Louis Kuppenheim, 1824-1889) founded together with Heinrich Witzemann a manufactory. Location of the company is the market Pforzheim.
-1857: Kuppenheim founded the company Louis Kuppenheim, as we know it without his previous partners.
- This was followed by a move to the Old Town street in Pforzheim.
-1872: Company building in the Durlacher Straße 1, Pforzheim.
-1889: Louis Kuppenheim sen. died. 3 of his 6 children (Albert, Hugo and Moritz) jointedly run the company.
-1900: At the Universal Exhibition in Paris Kuppenheim won a gold medal for a paper knife. In the same year, the company opened the first store in the Rue de Richelieu 67 in Paris.
- In the 1900s Hans Christiansen designed some silver parts and pieces of jewelery, which were made by the Manufacture Kuppenheim. Christiansen was an important Art Nouveau painter and a member of the Darmstadt artists' colony.
-1906: Albert, Hugo and Moritz convert the inherited jewelery factory into a modern gold and silverware fabrication.
-1907: Relocation to the newly built company building in the Durlacher Street 69th
-1911: Relocation of the Paris branch in the Rue de Petits-Champs 77 and later in the Rue Volney.
-1920: Albert's son Louis Kuppenheim enters the company.
-1924: Albert Kuppenheim resigns from the company and the company establishes "mechanical workshops, gold & silverware factory, machinery, wire and metal processing machines.". From this company later a jewelery factory expanded in Pforzheim-Brötzingen, Church Street 45 .
-1925: Death of Albert Kuppenheim. Ludwig took over the company in Brötzingen.
-1928: Ludwig opened a new import and export company for jewelry, watches and parts in Paris. In memory of the name of his grandfather, the company named Louis Kuppenheim.
-1933: Expansion with establishing a smaller company in the Wilferdinger road 20th
-1936: sale of the factory in the Durlacher Straße 69 to a secondhand and car dealer. Headquarters of the company are now the smaller building in the Wilferdinger road 20th
-1938: 9–10 November Night of Broken Glass, Reichspogromnacht, a pogrom against Jews throughout Nazi Germany and Austria. The violence was instigated primarily by Nazi Party officials and members of the SA (Sturmabteilungen: literally Assault Detachments, but commonly known as Storm Troopers) and Hitler Youth.
-1938: Last reported residence of Hugo Kuppenheim is the Wilferdinger road 20th
-1939: The liquidations ends the 82-year history of the company.
During the heyday of the company at least 200 people were employed by Louis Kuppenheim; the factory was thus one of the most important employers in the jewelery city of Pforzheim. Besides Enamel masters the company employed /hired gold- and silversmiths, engravers and chasers. In the more than eighty years of production some 100,000 pieces left the company. Kuppenheim made many items in small series.
23 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
We’re passionate about Scandinavian antique and vintage jewelry.
Layaways welcome. Hassle free returns. Buy with ease of mind. Insured shipping worldwide $10. List 5-15 items per day.