Lexington features a beautiful hand-painted rose on Redwing pottery made during the 1940's and 1950's. This set of four fruit bowls were made by Red Wing Potteries in the "Lexington" pattern on the Concord shape. The Concord line is a rounded square shape. The pattern makes a bold statement with one large dusty to deep pink, hand painted rose that nearly covers the inside of the bowl. The lovely rose is accented with a deep green leaf cluster on a background of pale blue-gray leaves.
Each small bowl measures 5-7/8 inches across the diagonal and 5-1/8 inches side to side. The bowls are about 1-1/4 inches deep. These bowls have three different marks. Two bowls have the dark blue "upright wing" used from 1941 and on through the 40's. One bowl has the reddish-pink familiar wing mark used in the 1950's until 1958. The fourth bowl has the oval "Red Wing Pottery, Hand Painted" with an "RW" in the center used in the 1940's until about 1950.
Each piece has some non-discolored crazing.