No. 39 Sudbury River Conduit, B.W.W. Div. 4. Sec. 15 Nov 13, 1876. View of Arches A,C,D, & E with cintrings from house above Ellis St (written on back of mount in old script ink). Original prints by unknown photographer. In 1875, the town of Sherborn deeded land in the north part of town to the City of Boston for the installation of the Sudbury River Conduit. The conduit started at Winter Street in Framingham at the Sudbury River, crossed the town of Wellesley and the Charles River at its eastern border over a granite bridge 475 feet long, and terminated at the Chestnut Hill Reservoir 17.4 miles to the East. It was constructed for the Boston Water Works, which latter became known as the Metropolitan District Commission. Nice detail showing how the massive granite blocks were assembled into the large arches. About VG to VG+ condition. Slt light towards edges, slt dirty, vslt to slt edgewear.
Alternative search terms: ["Stereograph","Stereographs","Stereo View","Stereo Views","Stereo Card","Stereo Cards","Stereo Image","Stereo Images","3D View","3D Views","3D Card","3D Cards","3D Image","3D Images","3D Photo","3D Photos","3D Photograph","3D Photographs"]