Main Street, Bingham (written on back of mount in old script pencil). Original prints by unknown photographer. On the left is the old Stage House. It was the first stage house and tavern above Carratuck Falls and was built about 1820-1822 by Levi Goodrich. Levi's son Pickard inherited the business upon his fathers death, but sold it to Winthrop Eldridge and Nate Adams in the early 1840s. George Savage owned the business during the 1870s when this image was taken. The hotel sign reads "Stage House - Bingham - G.W. Savage". Beyond the hotel is Benjamin Smith's store, which was later annexed to the hotel. The hotel was destroyed by fire in 1952. Further up the street (looking north) are numerous other stores. About VG to VG+ condition. Slt dirty or foxing, vslt to slt edgewear, vslt to slt mottled or gluestreaks, rich tones.
Alternative search terms: ["Stereograph","Stereographs","Stereo View","Stereo Views","Stereo Card","Stereo Cards","Stereo Image","Stereo Images","3D View","3D Views","3D Card","3D Cards","3D Image","3D Images","3D Photo","3D Photos","3D Photograph","3D Photographs"]