Durand Art Glass (Vineland, NJ, 1924-31) | Rembrandt Lamp Company (Baltimore, MD, 1816-1981)
A bronze Deco period floor lamp base, supporting a Durand Egyptian crackle art glass shade, single light top. The blown glass shade displays pulled gold and blue feather and crackle decoration. These shades were never signed. Marked (base): Rembrandt. Square plinth base is a later addition.
The Durands were originally from Baccarat, France where they worked for the renowned Cristalleries de Baccarat before moving to the United States in the late 19th century. Durand Art Glass Shop was established as a division of Vineland Flint Glass Works in 1924. After the closure of the Quezal factory in 1924, many of the former employees were hired by Durand and Quezal's influence can be seen in many of the designs. c. 1925 Shade: W 5 D 5 H 7.75 in., Fitter: W 3 in. W 10 D 10 H 68.75 in. Condition note: damage to glass and lamp is rewired.