A finely crafted, antique, Art Nouveau glass lamp shade by Steuben with a green, dragged loop decoration with gold bands on a white ground with gilt interior.
MAKER Attributed to Steuben Glass Works (Corning, NY, 1903-2011)
Steuben Glass Works was founded by Frederick Carder (English, 1863-1963) and Thomas G. Hawkes (1846-1913) in Corning, New York. Carder previously worked for Stevens and Williams in England. The Carder period at Steuben spanned from 1903 until 1932, at which time following losses during the Great Depression, Corning Glass took over the Steuben division and ceased production of colored glass.
The Houghton period (1933-2012) of Steuben Glass was named for president Arthur Houghton Jr. Under his leadership Steuben created more modern shapes and introduced a newly formulated, highly refractive clear glass.
In 2008 Steuben was sold and in 2011 the factory and store was closed.
DATE c. 1920
DIMENSIONS Width 4 Depth 4 Height 5.25 in. Fitter: Width 1.25 in.
5 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
Centuries of Design, Antiques from around the World