Durand Art Glass (Vineland, NJ, 1924-31)
Of baluster form, and heavily decorated with lustre threads on a blue iridescent ground. Many of Durand's pieces were unsigned including this example.
The Durands were originally from Baccarat, France where they worked for the renowned Cristalleries de Baccarat before moving to the United States in the late 19th century. Durand Art Glass Shop was established as a division of Vineland Flint Glass Works in 1924. After the closure of the Quezal factory in 1924, many of the former employees were hired by Durand and Quezal's influence can be seen in many of the designs. c. 1925 W 4.5 D 4.5 H 8 in.