Durand Art Glass (Vineland, NJ, 1924-31)
Each encircled with combed peacock feather with green band design with threaded decoration, with a slightly scalloped edge. Unsigned. It is difficult to find a set of eight such as this. They were suspended over the light bulb or had a small clip inside that would fit over the bulb.
The Durands were originally from Baccarat, France where they worked for the renowned Cristalleries de Baccarat before moving to the United States in the late 19th century. Durand Art Glass Shop was established as a division of Vineland Flint Glass Works in 1924. After the closure of the Quezal factory in 1924, many of the former employees were hired by Durand and Quezal's influence can be seen in many of the designs. c. 1925 W 3.75 D 3.75 H 4 in.