Possibly by Tidden & Arnold (later Arnold & Locke Studio) (Brooklyn, NY, 1880-93)
Width 32.45 Depth 2.25 Height 124.5 in.
Brooklyn Hall of Records (Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY, 1885-87, demolished 1961). Architect: William A. Mundell (American, 1844-1903).
The Hall of Records was an imposing Neo-Classial limestone building which stood on the corner of Boerum Place and Fulton Street in Brooklyn. Record keeping at the building eventually became obsolete after Brooklyn became part of greater New York city in 1898. Unfortunately that led to the original building being demolished in 1961 and replaced by the Brooklyn Law School building.
The Hall of Records was decorated with a number of very fine quality stained and leaded glass windows. The maker of the windows is unknown but may have been Tidden & Arnold (later Arnold & Locke Studio) who were active in Brooklyn from 1880 to 1893. Fortunately some of these windows were salvaged prior to demolition and we are fortunate to have a number of them for sale.
Note: some cracks.
Two-Part American Brooklyn Hall of Records Leaded and Stained Glass Window
|Shipping:||Freight (cost to be determined)|
|Est. Sales Tax:||TBD|