Designer: John deKoven Hill (American, 1920-96) | Manufacturer: Schmidt Ornamental Iron Works (Evanston, IL)
The cast aluminum modular panels were originally designed in 1959 by John deKoven Hill for the J. Ralph and Patricia Corbett House. Hill was one of Frank Lloyd Wright’s chief design assistants at Taliesin, and was involved in many of the decorations and furnishings on buildings executed in the final years of Wright’s life. He remained with Taliesin until his death.
Provenance: Fence panels for the Hyde Park Redevelopment project (1503-09 East 56th Street, Chicago, IL) near the University of Chicago. Architect: Harry Weese. Originally designed for the Corbett House (Cincinnati, OH, built 1959).
Literature: House Beautiful, Pace Setter, February 1960. 1960 W 17.75 D 1 H 17.75 in.