This is a single deck playing card press from the late 1800’s. The press consists of an ornately decorated cast iron top piece with a thumb screw and two multi-layered oak wood boards. The upper board has a brass receptacle for the screw end of the thumb screw and its designed for the deck of cards to fit between the two boards. Cast into the underside of the top piece is the wording “Patented Jan. 8 1893 c. Linder St. Louis MO.”. Excellent condition and the deck of Bicycle cards pictured is included.
Size is about 4” tall. The cast iron piece is 3 ¼” square. The wood blocks are 3 ¾”X 2 ½”.